The Lockheed Martin F-16 is one of the most recognized and successful single-engine fighters in the world. Its amazing performance and capabilities are why the world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team chooses to operate it with distinction at airshows around the globe. The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF is a scale replica that delivers incredible performance while also being easy to fly—especially when it’s equipped with exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies.
- The easiest to fly high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet!
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team
- 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed high-power 6S compatible brushless inrunner motor and 70-amp ESC
- Fast and precise factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Spektrum™ AR631 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology
- Includes a decal sheet to choose and apply the Thunderbird number designation of your choice
- Easy final assembly with removable wings and a magnetically-secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Durable yet lightweight, composite reinforced EPO airframe
In The Box
- (1) F-16 Thunderbird 70mm EDF Airplane
- (1) 6 Channel Spektrum AR631 Receiver with SAFE and AS3X Technology (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 6–7+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 3200–4000mAh 6S 22.2V LiPo flight battery with an EC5™ or IC5® connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF jet is a scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team. Like the full-scale airshow thriller, this F-16 has an incredibly wide performance envelope—from slow and stable high-alpha flight to amazing high-speed and vertical capabilities. At its core is a 6S-compatible brushless motor and a 70-amp ESC that are matched to a 12-blade fan to deliver an abundance of speed, thrust and a turbine-like sound. Factory-installed electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts make it possible to take off and land on a wider variety of surfaces–including grass—while keeping ground handling smooth and delivering a realistic jet experience. The composite reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet strong, and the digital, metal geared servos plus ball-link equipped pushrods provide precise control. And it all combines to deliver one of the easiest to fly, yet highest-performance and most capable, F-16 models ever!
This is the first high-performance F-16 model equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger jet. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch making this the easiest to fly F-16 model yet! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The 12-blade 70mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 70-amp ESC combine with your 6S 3200–4000mAh LiPo battery to deliver amazing vertical performance and an incredible speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response. But what makes the experience truly rewarding is the fantastic sound produced by the power system—it’s almost like a real turbine.
The factory-installed landing gear features reliable electric retracts equipped with durable metal components and shock-absorbing struts that make it possible to fly from a wider variety of surfaces including paved runways and even grass.
The composite reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable, and the factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos plus ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
The F-16’s unique design offers incredible handling through a wide flight envelope and speed range. It’s capable of rock-solid high-speed flight so you can perform locked-in low-level flybys and aerobatic maneuvers including giant loops, point rolls and more, while also being capable of slowing down to deliver smooth and stable high-alpha flight and landings.
- Airfoil Shape: Fully symmetrical
- Approximate Assembly Time: 1 – 3 hours
- Approximate Flight Time: 3 – 4 minutes
- Battery: Sold Separately
- CG (Center of Gravity): 3.7 – 4.3″ (95 – 110mm) from leading edge of wing
- Charger: Sold Separately
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Fan Size: 70mm EDF
- Flaps: No
- Flying Weight: 2001-25000g
- Power Type: Electric
- Landing Gear: Electric retracts
- Material: Foam
- Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel
- Motor Size: 1850Kv
- Motor Type: Brushless
- Product Length: 49.5″ (1257 mm)
- Product Weight: 73.7oz (2090g)
- Radio: Sold Separately
- Receiver: Included
- Recommended Motor Battery: 22.2v 6s 3200-4000mAh 30C w/IC5 or EC5 connector
- Retracts: Included
- Skill Level: Level 2
- Speed Control: Included
- Steering: Steerable nose wheel
- Technology: AS3X and SAFE
- Trim Scheme Colors: Red, white and blue
- Wing Area: 299 sq in (20.4 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 32.1″ (815 mm)