With a streamlined design focused on carrying a centerline-mounted cannon to deliver incredible firepower with pinpoint accuracy, and as the first fighter equipped with tricycle landing gear, the Bell Aircraft P-39 Airacobra was both innovative and unique. It was one of the principal American fighters in service when the U.S. entered World War II, and also went on to be used by other Air Forces on various fronts throughout the war. The E-flite® P-39 Airacobra 1.2m is a scale replica of the unconventional fighter that’s equipped with functional retractable landing gear and split flaps, plus a 3S and 4S compatible power system to deliver a unique warbird experience while also being easy to fly when it’s equipped with exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies (included with the BNF® Basic version only).
- Detailed scale replica of the innovative and unique fighter flown in World War II
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible brushless power system with 3–blade prop
- Functional split flaps and electric retracts with steerable nose wheel
- 6–channel control with 7 factory-installed servos and linkages
- Spektrum™ 6–channel 2.4GHz receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Abundant scale detail including panel lines, exhaust stacks, removable drop tank and more
- Factory-finished “Wahl Eye II” painted camo trim scheme with factory-applied decals
- Large, magnetically-secured top hatch for convenient battery and electronics access
- One-piece wing with hands-free servo/retract connection system
- Lightweight yet durable molded EPO construction
- Fast and easy bolt-together final assembly
What’s in the Box?
- E-flite P-39 Airacobra 1.2m Airplane with:
- (1) 40A Brushless ESC
- (1) 850Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (7) 9–Gram Servos
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6–Channel Receiver
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 6–7+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 2200–3000mAh 3S or 4S 11.1–14.8V LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- LiPo Charging Bag (recommended)
The E-flite® P-39 Airacobra 1.2m scale model is a replica of one of the most unconventional and innovative fighters flown during World War II. It features a significant level of detail including panel lines, exhaust stacks, a removable drop tank, three-blade propeller and more. It’s also equipped with factory-installed retractable tricycle landing gear and operational split flaps to enhance scale realism and the unique warbird flight experience it offers. The high-power brushless power system delivers outstanding performance when using a 3S LiPo battery, or you can install a 4S battery for well-beyond-scale speed and vertical capabilities- without the need for any modifications or upgrades. Lightweight yet durable factory-finished EPO construction, along with bolt-together assembly featuring a one-piece wing with an innovative hands-free servo connection system, means you can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery. So whether you’re an intermediate or advanced pilot, the P-39 Airacobra 1.2m delivers the scale detail, functional features and incredible performance you need to enjoy a warbird experience unlike any other.
Scale Trim Scheme
Factory-applied paint and decals recreate the camo-trimmed P-39 variant “Wahl Eye II” that was flown by Lt. Eugene Wahl.
Functional Features & Details
Split flaps and tricycle electric retracts with a steerable nose wheel highlight the functional scale detail list that also includes a three-blade propeller. Simulated panel lines, hatches and other surface details, plus exhaust stacks, an antenna, pitot tube and a removable drop tank add to the scale realism.
3S & 4S Compatible
The factory-installed power system features a high-power brushless outrunner motor, a robust ESC and a three-blade propeller that combine with a 3S 2200–3000mAh LiPo battery to deliver better-than-scale speed and vertical performance. Or you can install a 4S battery for ballistic speed and vertical capability without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Construction with molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience.
Plug-in horizontal stabilizers and the one-piece wing featuring an innovative hands-free servo/retract connection system bolt to the fuselage for quick and easy assembly/disassembly. This makes storage and transport as convenient and practical as possible, plus you can have the P-39 assembled and ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
- Airfoil Shape: Semi Symmetrical
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Approximate Flight Time: 4 minutes
- CG (Center of Gravity): 1.7-1.7(44-50mm) from edge of wing with gear down
- Charger: Sold Separately
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Power Type: Electric
- Landing Gear: Yes
- Minimum Required Radio: At least 6-channel
- Motor Size: 850Kv brushless outrunner
- Product Length: 1.1m (43.3″)
- Propeller Size: 11 x 8.5
- Receiver: Included
- Recommended Motor Battery: LiPo, 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 30C, or 4S 2200mAh 14.8V 30C w/EC3 connector
- Search Keywords: EFL_P39Airacobra
- Skill Level: Level 2
- Speed Control: Included
- Transmitter Range: Full range
- Trim Scheme Colors: Wahl Eye II painted camo scheme with factory applied decals
- Wing Area: 27.08 sq dm (419.76 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 1.2m (47.2″)